Jay Nash and Dan Rodriguez
- This event has passed.
A great double lineup on Charlie’s Stage featuring performances by singer songwriters Jay Nash and Dan Rodriguez!
“It’s a bit of a paradox. I still feel like an up-and-coming singer-songwriter, with my most exciting days just in front of me. It’s funny because I have been writing songs and singing for my supper for almost 25 years…crazy how time flies when you are having fun. Still, I am as excited as ever for the next song, the next record, and the next gig.” – JN
Over the span of his self-described, ‘under the radar’ career, Jay Nash’s rough-hewn voice, poignant melodies, and unique yet subtly virtuosic approach to the guitar have taken him across the United States and Europe more times than he can count. He has released seven full-length solo albums, and four solo EPs along with another ten albums with his collaborative efforts with TFDI, The Contenders, Garrison Starr, and Caitlin Crosby..racking up 10s of millions of streams and selling over 70,000 records. In his time off the road, where he’s racked up thousands of live performances, Nash has created the original motion picture score for three feature films, a Dutch television series, and dozens of nationally run commercial spots.
Hi, I’m Dan. I’m a whiskey & beer drinking, fishing & hunting loving, motorcycle riding, quality food eating, hippie sympathizing, hobby farm running, people loving, husband & father who lives in Minneapolis and shares a life with my amazing wife and two adorable sons named Oak and Alder. I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, MI, and moved to Minneapolis when I was 18 to study music, and I stayed because I’m one of those crazy people that enjoys the snow and cold weather.
Songwriting, and performing those songs for people, is both my trade and my passion. When I’m not in my studio writing and cutting records, or on the road playing shows, I’m usually playing in the woods with our boys, tending to our backyard chickens, eating fresh veggies from my wife’s huge garden, making syrup from our maple grove, or doing one of my many outdoor hobbies.
Now here are a few things about my music career that I should probably share in a music bio:
- In September 2014 Budweiser released their “Friends Are Waiting” commercial campaign featuring me singing my song When You Come Home and it premiered during both The World Series & The Super Bowl.
- In February, 2018, I released my album 25 Years and the title track is now inching toward 1 million listens.
- In October, 2018, Miller Lite featured my newest single “So Good” in one of their commercials that played for months during NFL games on ESPN & more.
- In March, 2019, my song “You Feel Like Home” was featured in Explore Minnesota Tourism’s newest ad campaign.
- In 2022 I released my album Troubadour Family Man. It’s my debut self-produced record and I couldn’t be more proud of it.
- Over the years I’ve had the honor of sharing the stage with some really cool artists & bands including The Civil Wars, Andy Grammer, Eric Hutchinson, Matt Nathanson, NeedtoBreathe, Augustana, Tyrone Wells, O.A.R., Haley Reinhart, Jon McLaughlin, Will Hoge, Drew Holcomb, Sister Hazel, and more
Food & Bar: Our full food and drink menu will be available before and during the show.
Date: Saturday, May 20
Time: 9:00 pm
Doors Open: 8:00 pm